Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Venice Day Two

I got up this morning in a beautiful room that I still swear is some kind of dream…can this really be happening to me? Such a beautiful room with a fresh clean smell and soft sheets? Reality is so sweet today. I got ready and had a delicious breakfast that had so many scrumptious options that I ate like a king. We waited in the courtyard outside our hotel for the Rubelli representative to come and lead us to their showroom. Rubelli is a very high end fabric producer. They are well known for their high quality and gorgeous patterns. It is a family run business and has been very lucrative. The Show room is in a renaissance palace with some of the original furniture and structure. The location is right on the grand canal and has a fabulous view of up and down the canal. There was a really cool looking red couch in the middle of the room with a coffee table and some books. Kylee and I sat down to look through some of the portraits and they couch was so comfortable I could have died. As Kylee would put it…”It feels good to my body.” I laughed for like a solid minute, it was great. The entire walls in both of the show rooms were windows wall to wall. Beautiful windows with marble balconies. In their showroom there was an old chest that was full of samples that they don’t’ stock anymore and sell for 5 or 8 Euros. I bought four pieces of fabric for 23 Euro that normally would have been really pricey. I am really excited. I am going to use them for pillow cases in my bedroom. Look at me and my big bad self…RUBELLI Fabrics…No problem! They were really nice and very informative. We got to see some of their historical fabric collection which consists of fabrics all the way back from the 13th century. IT was very neat to see how styles have recirculated. We left for a stroll through the city and have a quick bite to eat. Don’t worry I had a ginormous piece of pizza for 3.50 euro and it was the best pizza I have had yet. We ate our lunch in a square near the Rialto and watched the pigeons pick at the leftovers from other people lunch. This feeling was a great one, pizza in Venice with beautiful weather and the sweet sound of music from the shops nearby.

We headed back to the hotel and met our Vaperettos, which are the water taxis that took us to Fortuny, they are located in this great old building with the factories and everything right there in the same complex. We got to look through their current collection and ask questions. It was really neat. I learned that They have a secret way in which they print their fabrics. No one knows and no one is allowed to tell. I have to say that I loved this I thought it was a very romantic thing. A secret production that only a few know and have been keeping secret for over a hundred years. So enchanting. The grounds they have all of their buildings on are really cool. They have a gorgeous pool and cabana in the back yard where they entertain their clients. Lots of green trees and fauna with really pretty manicured archways and garden benches. The environment was very enchanting. They served us potato chips and coca cola as a snack. It was very cute because it seemed like they were trying to think of the most American snack they could think of. They did a great job. We felt very comfortable.

After we left Fortuny We came home and I had a delicious snack of cheese, bread and a pear and I worked on my blog…what a relaxing way to spend the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment