Tuesday, August 4, 2009

London Day Four

Today started off with a lovely note. I ran to the Tube Station because I was running late for my 5:45 meeting time…that’s A.M. if you didn’t realize. Only until I got there and realized I did not have my passport that I needed to validate my train ticket, did it fully sink in how tired I was from a lack of sleep and too much running between museums and churches and not enough time to do homework and talk to fam and eat. We boarded the trains and after some annoying switchovers we were finally on the right one. Off to KidderMinster to Brinton Carpets. A carpet manufacturer who has been producing and designing carpets for over hundreds of years. They will literally do anything and everything you want and everything is custom. It was very impressive.We saw all the components of what make up the company. we toured the Mill, the design studio, the archives, and we had a lecture on the company itself and its success. It was very unique and fun to see design out in the working world and what it takes to make it. We had lunch that htey procided and wow it was gross. I am not cut out for the traditional english foods let me tell you.....yuck!

Well after we were done we rode the train/bus/tube home and I have no recollection of what happened past this point so it must have ben boring! The End. Also I have no photos of this day because we were not allowed to take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment