Tuesday, August 4, 2009

London Day Three

Today we got up and I wanted to take a shower….well that did not work because the shower for some reason would only spit out cold water…so I just kneeled in the tub that was not sanitary and dunked my head under the faucet that was warm and splashed my body clean………literally. It was a great experience I felt very attractive like in that Victoria's secret under a waterfall kind of way. Psych. I ran down stairs after getting ready in a mad rush and we made our way through the city to the British Museum…P.S. it rained all day. Suck. I bought a fabulous sweater through yesterday to keep the rain off. Yes I am hot in the rain. Boom. It was very cool we started off there and I saw the lord Elgian marbles, Which are the Marbles taken from the Parthenon. It was really cool. I loved seeing them. We also saw a lot of great things from ancient Egypt and Sumeria. Including the Rosetta Stone. We then headed over to the Sir John Soanes house, which is also a museum….favorite thing I have seen in London hands down. He was an architect in the 1800’s that was an avid collector of art and art history things. He designed his house which was so rad. Every single wall and nook was a cabinet or a bookcase. Every teeny space was filled art. Marble chunks and paintings…walls that would open and move to create more display room, I can not give it justice. You have to go there someday. We are talking a sarcophagus in the basement people! We explored our little hearts out until it was time to go back to the British museum and covered the rest of the things we missed….it was neat. Then we ate at the Café there and I had my first encounter with Scones and Cream. OH MY LANTA……..Kill me now…if I was not getting ridiculously fat from all the Digestive cookies I have eaten already this will be the death of me. No lie. Watch out A** there is more coming your way.
I felt much better after I had time to eat and sit and do nothing for a while and we were off to St. Paul's Cathedral. It was really cool…I have to say though all of these churches are loosing their luster…75 later its just not as cool as the first time. Wow you got a big dome….wow you got a crypt…..wow you got mosaics and Rose Windows….well so does everyone else. The only cool thing was that Sir Christopher Wrens Tomb was in the crypt and we saw it. If you don’t know anything about him he basically single handedly rebuilt London after the great fire. He is known as one of the best architects in all of history. If you ask me that is a lot of responsibility to have on your head….I do not want that…what if everything sucked later….Sheesh.
Well then we went to h and M again. I bought nothing….be proud husband. Then we shopped more. Then I went to the grocery store where I bought Hazelnut Kit Kats and Dark Chocolate Kit Kats. Divine! Home again Home again Jiggity jig. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment