Friday, August 7, 2009

London Day Nine

Blenheim castle was our first stop for the day. I loved it. It is huge...I mean I really don't understand what kind if people are comfortable in a house this big..but whatev. Its beautiful. there is not disputing. I fell as if I have some secret crush on houses with beautiful gardens. I covet them. They are so much fun. I find myself judging the beauty of a house or palace, or chateau on how much I love the gardens. For this reason I loved Blenheim one of the most. The gardens are huge. I mean huge. Anywhere you can see sod is part of the gardens and let me tell you that stretches on for a ways. They have themed gardens which appeals to me even more. I love themes. The best was definitely the Secret Garden, like walking into a movie set or something. I loved every square inch of it. There were waterfalls, streams, ponds, bridges, benches, climbing Ivy. twining trees, soft vibrant moss, and the best array of flowers. The little pathways that wind through it lead you on a journey of beauty and tranquility.
we took the time to wander through the rest of the gardens. Including the Rose garden where there are hundreds of roses in a giant circle lined and gated with none other than.....roses. Every color size and shape were present and accounted for. I love the yellow ones. Directly behind the house is a huge lawn and when I say huge it literally ran into the sun. it continued past the horizon line. Well this definitely called for some frolicking. Which meant we were so inclined to do jumping photos. My favorite thing...which also lead to me trying a ninja kick with both my legs shooting out in front of me. I did not think about the fact that if both my legs were in front of me that left no legs left to land on. Lets just say I looked really cool.
We finally decided it was time for a house tour. It was very pretty and very large..as usual.The weirdest thing was for sure the animatronics of life sized people telling the story of masters of the house from the past. I am not loving this like cheap version of a Disney theme park in all of these old palaces and houses. It is odd. We mad our way to the gift shop as we seem to gravitate to them on a daily basis. I bought a leather bound book of Winston Churchill's wit and wisdom for my dad..he loves quotes and such. I also bought him a giant chocolate cigar so he could look like Mr. Churchill himself while reading it. I forgot to say that Blenheim is Sir Winston Churchill's home his entire life...wow I feel so bad for you sir. Not.
On our way out we decided to hit up the pleasure gardens...we thought this would ba quick little diddy. Well let me tell you...there was so much to see and do we definitely got distracted. There was a butterfly house htat was really prett.y so interesting to see so many upclose...i saw one the size of my head...no lie. We walked through the lavender gardens...that smelled like heaven. Lavender is apparently a very alluring scent for bees because they were acrually crawling all over htem..it looked like they were just wiggling in the breezt till you got up close and realized it was covered in bees. Gross!
Next we went into the gian maze. that was fun..it took me two hours to freakin do it but hey I did it. Next we decided tht a rousing gian game of Checkers would do the trick. So fun. Also they have a mini replica of the town and I fel thte need to walk through it as if I was Godzilla...well megzilla. I loved it. When we finally sdecided we would leave....the last rain back to the mani road was gone...so we walked almost all the way out and then found out the front gates were locked...so we had to walk all the way around and through the little twon that was now life sized and made me feel was less Zilla like. We finally made it to the bus stop and then back to london. Kylee and I ran to go do the London Eye. It was really cool. It is like a gian Ferris wheel. It was amazing to seee how big the city really was.
Home again home again...the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment