Thursday, August 6, 2009

London Day Six

I got up early and got ready and Susie and I and Kylee and a few others ran out the door to go get tickets for Billy Elliot. Billy Elliot is a Musical about a boy who is not gay but wants to be a dancer…specifically ballet. So we get in line and wait forever and guess what? It was all worth it. We got obstructed view…which is a joke nothing was really obstructed at all. We got them for super cheap. So back to the Flat. What’s next you ask? Oh don’t worry Scones and Cream. Yes it is 11 am and yes it is time for Scones and Cream….Sooooo delicious! Next on the list. Notting Hill. I am so happy that I did this! We went to Portobello Road for a huge open market. There were like three miles worth of booths and treasures. We spent ample time there and I purchased some original handmade jewelry and a beautiful necklace with a bohemian flare. I loved it. After like three hours of loving Portobello Road we left and decided we needed lunch at home because it was cheap and sometimes you just want to be at home for a while you know? Well a little lunch break turned into a nap and getting ready for the Show that night. I got all dolled up with lipstick and a sassy little number that was cream and covered in flowers. I looked hot no lying! So Kylee and I decided to go to London tower and we didn’t actually go in because we arrived too late. So We just sat around and looked at the tower and took photos and ventured into the gift shop. It was actually not bad. Also a side note King Henry 8th had a large opinion of himself he made a full suit of armor and his junk is covered by what can only be described as a small metal mountain. It is absurd and I about died when I saw it on display in the gift Shop. So funny!

Next on the list was dinner. We waited decided to go to the tesco because every restaurant we tried was taking too long jus to sit us. So it was sandwiches and chips standing on the street. Very classy. We got into the theater and watched the show. It was so much fun. I loved the dancing. The little 14 year old who starred in it was from Nebraska….guess they are good for something over there.

We came home late and talked about our weekend trips and what we wanted to do…..I smell Soda Bread on the Horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment