Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Paris Day Six

Due to the lack of laundry getting done last night we felt the need to be up at seven am to do laundry thins morning… yeah healthy. SO we go do laundry and we come back and attempt to get ready in time to get back for the rest of the laundry ness. Nothing ever works. So eventually we get the laundry done and get ourselves ready and we were off to conquer the agenda for the day. First off was the Paris Opera House. It was so cool. We walked around and took a lot of pictures. I really enjoyed it. I was singing The Phantom of the Opera the whole time. We saw the grand staircase and the actual theater. We saw some of the costumes and the beautiful Lobby. It was really cool. I loved it. It looks a lot like the movie…Holly wood did well!

Next on the list was running home to pack our bags and get changed into comfy clothes as we were heading out as a big group for Vaux Le Vicomte. I was super excited. We all clambered on the bus and set off. We went to Fontainebleau first and it was really neat. I really enjoyed the architecture and the details were amazing. The thing that sucked the most was that after seeing so many beautiful French houses and palaces they all seem to fun together. Except that Fontainebleau had a great little sorbet stand in the courtyard and we all got some. They were Divine! I was so happy! I had Pear and Apricot. Which was amazing by the way. I felt Like I was eating a real Apricot. We all got back on the bus and we headed off to a grocery store. This was the first time we had been in one since we had arrived and let me tell you that we were all going crazy. I bought so many candies and delicious things I could not help myself. I was punch drunk on real food and seeing what a grocery store had to offer in France. I bought way too much sugar and ate almost all of my sugar. I will prob be fat when I get home but I don’t care. It is so worth it. We had a little Picnic with our dinners that we bought at the Picnic Sight in Vaux. I bought a cucumber because I was so excited I had not seen a delicious vegetable in so long. Well I had not knife and so I ate it in a very unattractive and suggestive way. So get your minds out of the gutters you little ho’s out there. I am Innocent! We finished our picnic just in time for it to rain. We ran up to the house and the sun was starting to set on our overcast little chateau. We made it inside and did the tour. It was really interesting and great to see. I loved everything I saw. It was beautifully decorated and had a great appeal. Vaux was something I had always wanted to see. Vaux is the prettiest Chateau in France. Hands Down. The architecture and style scream of class and taste and unlike so many others this house does not feel gaudy or overdone. They do a candlelight tour where they light up all the beautiful gardens with candles and the castle from the outside is light with candles. It was the most beautiful thing. I cannot describe how romantic the potential was…good thing Ty was light years away. Lame. Anyway the inside is all centered around an oval room with windows form floor to ceiling. After the house tour we took off for the gardens and it was still raining. Don’t worry. So what does that mean? That means you walk around the gardens anyway. Yes cold and wet. So worth it. The major disappointment was that because of the rain all the candles were out. So Yay! Candle lit tour without the candles substituted by rain…again Awesome. All in all though we made the best of it and had a fabulous time. The gardens themselves are huge and very entertaining. With pathways and manicured flower beds and fountains. I loved it. See Pictures to understand. After we finished walking around in the wet we got back on the bus for a long ride home. I stayed up so late packing and now I am going to bed…A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment